Tags : :
Hyper Light Drifter is a 2D Action RPG in the vein of the best 8-bit and 16-bit classics, with modernized mechanics and designs on a much grander scale.
2) What is the story?
Drifters of this world are the collectors of forgotten knowledge, lost technologies and broken histories. Our Drifter is haunted by an insatiable illness, traveling further into the lands of Buried Time, steeped in blood and treasure hoping to discover a way to quiet the vicious disease. Echoes of a dark and violent past from the dead eras resonate throughout and he can't help but listen.
3) What is the combat like?
The combat experience is critical to this game. We gave some glimmers of it in the trailer, but want to do a feature soon to show everyone how it plays out for more than a few seconds; sword play, shielding, deflections, gun play, grenades!
4) Do you have a Facebook page?
Yes we do. https://www.facebook.com/hyperlightdrifter
5) What about Twitter?
6) How about a webpage?
Got that too! http://www.heart-machine.com/
7) I want to support your game, but do not have an Amazon account. Is there another way I can pay?
Yes! We have Humble Bundle PayPal widgets on our website!
8) Why are the PayPal widget rewards different?
They are the non-beta standard editions as the beta is a Kickstarter exclusive.
9) Will the PayPal continue after the Kickstarter?
Yes! We will keep the PayPal going until a point where we see fit to end it.
10) The tier rewards are kind of confusing. Can you help me out?
Absolutely! Unfortunately, once a tier starts to have backers, it can’t be edited. Instead, we we created a graphic to supplement the details of each tier a little better. You can find it at the bottom of the main HLD Kickstarter page or this link: http://bit.ly/1fY0npg . Hope this helps!
11) What platforms will this be on?
Currently Hyper Light Drifter is planned for Windows, Linux, Mac OSX, Steam, PS4, Vita, Ouya and Wii U.
12) Will this have native controller support on PC?
Yes indeed! The game is designed with a controller in mind, though is playable without.
13) How will picking a version work?
We'll send a survey out after the Kickstarter and you can tell us exactly what platform(s) you want keys for, depending on your tier.
14) Will the levels be linear, hub based, open for exploration?
The world is designed to be open for exploration with entry into enclosed Temples and Dungeons. There will be a central hub to return to.
15) Will there be puzzles or will the game be mostly combat focused?
The game will have some puzzle elements throughout.
16) Is this on Steam Greenlight?
Yes! And has been officially Greenlit as of Oct 2nd! http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=179340415&searchtext=hyper+light+drifter
17) Will the campaign coop be online and/or couch coop?
For right now just local/couch co-op.
18) Will backers that want PS4/Vita be receiving actual keys for that system?
Yes, this is what we've been able to determine from what Sony has said.
19) Will the console ports be receiving the KS exclusive side quest?
Yes! And is now included in all versions to keep things simple and for everyone to enjoy!
20) Will the game be coming to EU PSN?
Working towards an EU release, though it may be later down the line. It would have translations.
21) Is an iOS/Android port possible?
Possibly, but this would be another down the line item to approach as touch is fairly different than the controller-centric play.
22) Will all versions of the game have multiplayer (Vita)?
Yes. Vita will have local AdHoc.
23) Will there be add-ons for items I can’t get in my tier?
- Add $5 - Digital OST for the game
- Add $10 - Unlock the Alternate playable Drifter
- Add $15 - Additional Copy of the Game for any platform
- Add $30 - Limited run t-shirt (no international yet)
- Add $35 - SNES style physical box and manual (no international yet)
- Add $42 - Limited Compact Print (11x14) (no international yet)
- Add $60 - Printed Softcover Companion Art Book (no international yet)
24) How can I add on an item to my pledge tier?
- First, click on Manage Your Pledge on the top right of the Kickstarter page
- Second, in the green Pledge Amount box at the top, add the add-on amount to your pledge *DO NOT CHANGE YOUR PLEDGE TIER, ONLY THE AMOUNT*
- Third, click “Continue to Next Step” and finally “Confirm”, and you’re done!
Once the Kickstarter is finished, you will receive a survey of which you can then stipulate the desired item(s) from your pledge!
25) Will I receive the alternate Drifter, companion sprite, and/or other in-game digital rewards on all of my keys/versions?
Unfortunately, no. Only one copy (of your choosing) will receive the in-game digital rewards.
26) What platforms will beta be on?
We’d really like to get it to all platforms if achievable, but for right now, only PC.
27) If I chose a console as my platform, will I still get into beta for PC?
Yes, absolutely! Your choice of platform is for the full retail version of the game. Beta is separate from that and everyone in the beta tiers will be able to participate.
28) If I have multiple keys, will I have access to the beta on all of them?
Unfortunately not. Only one of the keys of your choosing will have access to beta.
29) Will there be a cross-save/buy function for PS4 to Vita?
We are looking into which options are best for us and are the least hassle to implement. We love the ideas, and at the very least we'll do cross save, we just need time to play with the dev kits and all. We will keep all backers informed on all of these items throughout the dev process!
30) Will there be a cross-buy or bundle for PS4 and Vita?
Same as the above question. Something we’ll have to work on.
31) Will all versions remain patched and up-to-date at the same time?
Yes. If needed.
32) Will there be DLC content?
Possibly in the future. It really depends though.
33) How big is the print poster?
34) What resolution will Hyper Light Drifter be at?
Will remain unannounced at this time. Got to have some surprises!
35) How many frames per second (FPS) will Hyper Light Drifter run?
Same as above question.
36) Will there be a New Game+ mode (replaying the game with items after beating it once) ?
37) Will there be trophy/achievement support?
38) What are the details with the WayForward cross-over?
Backers $10 and over will receive an exclusive Risky Boots (of the wonderful Shantae series) in-game bonus quest! You'll get a special item as your quest reward to cherish and virtually polish/sharpen as you please. Other details are a secret...for now!
39) What about a Mighty No. 9 cross over?
Hoping to get something in the works!
40) What are the details of the challenge mode?
This mode will have several mix-up mini quests for you to test your skills at; you'll have wave-based challenges where you fight off increasingly difficult hordes to see how long you can survive as you level up, boss rush runs, speed runs and other odd modes that wouldn't typically fit in the main game. All will have a scoring mechanism that unlocks achievements.
41) Will the Alternate Drifter be coming to consoles?
Yes, It will be available for console as well; we are working out how to provide this add-on via paypal on our site. Things like this take a bit of time when dealing with large publishers like Sony and Nintendo.
Last Edited By: SaintConnor Oct 17 13 7:14 PM. Edited 5 times