Tags : :
First, know that the info below MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS.
I wanted to start gathering all known information about HLD in a single location. HELP! I'll update as users have things to add. I will try to only add things that have been confirmed by the preview build or dev logs, but there may be a speculation here or there that will be corrected as more info is made available. Some text is lifted directly from the dev logs, others are written based on observation alone. If you’d like to help, try to include your source or support your speculations with your reasoning.
- Drifters - The collectors of forgotten knowledge, lost technologies and broken histories. Often seen wearing a cape, accompanied by a Sprite companion and hard light bladed weapon.
- The Player - Commonly referred to as "The Drifter", a drifter haunted by an insatiable illness, traveling further into the lands of Buried Time, steeped in blood and treasure hoping to discover a way to quiet the vicious disease. Echoes of a dark and violent past from the dead eras resonate throughout and he can't help but listen.
- Dash Module - Multi-use gear that enables a triple speed dash; can be used to evade attacks, cut across gaps and chasms, break through certain blocks and rubble and even stun enemies.
- Sprite - An indispensable personalized drone, the Sprite manages your inventory virtually, seeks out hidden paths and lights the way in the darkest of times. Functionality may be expanded with new modules.
- Hard Light Sword - Acts as the players primary means of offense; it's quick, brutal, and can slash through most anything. Best of all it never runs low on energy.
Secondary Weapons - Note, all weapon names below are speculative.
- Pistol - Single shot ranged weapon. Combo bonus = Burst fires three shots instead of one.
- Diamond shotgun  - Ranged weapon which fires 5 projectiles in a cone. Projectiles converge and cross paths in a zig-zag. Combo bonus = Larger projectiles, more rapid zig-zagging.
- Roly Poly - A remote-controlled bomb. Explodes on impact, or when triggered by the Drifter
- Railgun  - A long range single shot weapon. Can be charged for additional damage. Combo bonus = Charged shots will ricochet off walls.
- Rifle  - Burst shot ranged weapon
- Mines - A touch sensitive explosive left on the ground.
- Grenade - A thrown explosive weapon.
- Incendiary grenade - Explodes in a blue fireball. Possibly the combo bonus of the regular grenade.
- Crystal spikes - Grows crystalized spikes from the ground, stabbing enemies in its area.
- Hard Light boomerang - Thrown weapon that cuts through anything in its path, and returns to it’s owner.
Locations - Some locations may be sub-zones, dungeons within a zone, or renamed duplicates. 
- Buried Time  - A beautiful, vast and ruined world riddled with unknown dangers and lost technologies.
- Market  - Located in the yet unnamed “hub world”, this is a safe zone where the Drifter likely trades goods and equipment.
- The Deep Red Keep 
- Barren Halls  - Located within the Deep Red Keep. Home of Rivan the Tamer
- Burning Cavern 
- Sunken City 
- Frozen Mech ****  - Appears to be a titan carcass frozen in a lake, with the area above it's shoulders exposed.
- Broken Shallows  - Possible location of the "frozen mech" titan.
- Ravenous Mire 
- Central Ruins? 
- Ship Graveyard 
- Emerald Brink 
- Emerald Caverns  - Located within the Emerald Brink.
- Sky Factory 
- Monastary Island 
- Airship Crash 
- Redline  - A road
- Water Shelf 
- Forest Downs 
- Midnight Wood  - Forest with maroon-red trees.
- ***** Lake - Located in the Midnight Wood. 
- Crystalfire ***** 
- Winding Ridge  - Mountainous area inhabited primarily by Avian humanoids. Overlooks a Titan Carcass.
- Bone Wastes 
- Charred Keep  - Located in the Bone Wastes
- Crystal Rifts  - Home of Alizon
- Howling Poison Geysers  - Home of Xidia
Bestiary - Note, all creature names below are speculative.
- Dirk - Green humanoid monsters with a lunge attack. Usually found in groups. Runs scared if fellow dirks are killed. 
- Dirk Commander - Larger green humanoid monster, carries a green hard light sword. Inspires smaller dirks to attack faster. Enrages if left unkilled.
- Horned Gunner - Humanoid using a white horned skull as a helmet. Fires a 3-shot burst from a rifle. 
- Horned Rocketeer - Humanoid using a white horned skull as a helmet. Fires a homing missile.
- Horned Pikemen - Humanoid using a white horned skill as a helmet. Carries a pike for attacking.
- Large Minotaur - A large half-bovine humanoid monster with a large hammer attack.
- Titan Mech - Gigantic robot-like humanoid monsters. Their carcasses are seen in several locations of Buried Time. Mysterious forces appear to be making attempts to revive them, or harvest their organs for power. There may be at least three living titans, or seen in the visions of The Drifter.
- Shield Mecha - A shielded robot with a small hard light blade attack. Shield regenerates if left unkilled.
- Turret - Hidden on the ground surface, pops up when it detects enemies within range and fires 5 shots.
- Spider Bot - Small black robot with 1 eye, falls from above, damages enemies with a jump-attack.
- Swamp Leaper - A large plant monster, jumps into the air to crush enemies. Melee attacks if within range. 
- Swamp Thing - A plant monster with a small blade attack. Similar in stature to the Shield Mecha. 
- Mold Roller - Black stout monster with a fuzzy appearance. Rolls into a ball to crush enemies
- Crystal Golem - Large rock-man made of blue crystal
- Stone Golem - Large rock-man made of a gray stone. 
- Avian Diver - A bird-like humanoid creature which dives toward enemies to attack.
- Avian Cultist  - A bird-like humanoid creature with energy ranged attacks. Leaves crystal spike mines which stab enemies who activate it. 
- Undead Axeman - Boney in appearance. Attacks with a hard light electric axe.
- Undead Samurai - Humanoid carrying a hard light sword, deflects ranged weapon attacks and dodges sword attacks. Can be stunned if attacked while attacking.
- Undead Abomination - A monster with three skulls, one for a head and one on each shoulder. Its internal organs are partially exposed on it's chest. 
- Undead Leaper - Similar to the Swamp Jumper, but made of flesh and bones. Jumps into the air to crush enemies. Melee attacks if within range. 
- Poison Wolf  - A wolf with a poisonous bite (unconfirmed)
- Bat - A flying animal. 
- Spider - Large spider 
- Rat - Black rat, may be decorative.
- Slime - Small green slime monster that attacks in large groups.
- Satyr - 
- Spiked hound - 
- Snail - 
- Rivan the Tamer  - User of searing RedShift light, causing great destruction when attacking. His companion beast adds to his already fierce tactics. Roams the Barren Halls of the Deep Red Keep.
- Alizon  - A lumbering remnant that carries a massive weapon which creates a great vortex upon contact. Heavily armored and near impossible to stun with attacks makes him an unrelenting nightmare. He is locked deep within the Crystal Rifts.
- Xidia  - A spider-witch. Mutated hard-light pincer claws inflict crushing phase damage at an incredible reach. Watch out for its venomous mandible strike and spider spawn that screech and leap out at various points in the battle. Lives deep below the Howling Poison Geysers
- “Warlord” - Unconfirmed as a boss, but seen on a dev log map. Possibly a location, not a boss.
- “Hangabont Brothers” - Unconfirmed as a boss, but seen on a dev log map. Possibly a location, not a boss.
Loot - Note, all item names below are speculative.
- Heart flask - Returns 2 lost health units to the Drifter. Found within crates marked with red and occasionally drops from the bodies of defeated enemies.
- Energy cell - Returns some energy to the Drifter. Found within crates marked with blue and occasionally drops from the bodies of defeated enemies.
- Keys - Collecting one or more keys will unlock corresponding doors, allowing you to progress through an area.
- Secrets - Items hidden throughout the world. No confirmed information.
- White Cape - A cosmetic item found in the preview build. Located in a room, unlocked by discovering 16 secrets. Alters the Drifters cape from Red to White.
- Risky Boots  - A bonus quest NPC for kickstarter backers. Rewards player with an exclusive item, presumably a bladed weapon. Character based on the antagonist of the Shantae series of games.
- Story - Play through the main story of the game and discover if the Drifter finds what he is looking for. Includes local co-op and game+ mode.
- Challenge  - This mode will have several mix-up mini quests for you to test your skills at; you'll have wave-based challenges where you fight off increasingly difficult hordes to see how long you can survive as you level up, boss rush runs, speed runs and other odd modes that wouldn't typically fit in the main game. All will have a scoring mechanism that unlocks achievements, plus local co-op.
- Health - The player has 10 health, represented by 5 squares. Upon reaching 0 health, the Drifter dies and is returned to the last checkpoint.
- Energy - Acts as the ammunition for secondary weapons. Different weapons use different amounts of energy, and become unusable when energy is depleted. Energy will slowly recharge over time, but this may be a feature of the preview build only.
- Hard Light Sword - Attacking enemies reduces their health. Consecutive attacks build toward a "limit break " bonus, which is visually indicated by a flash and a red diamond below the drifter. The bonus lasts for the next 3 attacks, and deal 2x damage. Holding the attack will cause the sword to grow and cleave, dealing additional damage to enemies.
- Secondary weapons - Attacking enemies reduces their health. Each secondary weapon has a unique benefit. Consecutive attacks build toward a "limit break " bonus, which is visually indicated by a flash and a yellow diamond below the drifter. The bonus lasts for the next 3 attacks, and effect each weapon differently.
- Dashing - Triples the speed of the Drifter, allows the Drifter to jump across gaps and break through certain items. Consecutive, well-timed dashes can be chained together, allowing the Drifter to move much more swiftly. Chaining 3 or more dashes together will cause the drifter to slide to a stop when the chain ends. Activating the dash and attacking with the sword at the same time causes a lunging "sting" attack, which often stuns an enemy. This attack may also knock enemies back, or instantly break a shield.
- Checkpoint - A black and red monolith which saves the progress of a player, and acts as an interface to exchange secondary weapon choices.
- Leveling  - There may be a leveling mechanic in the game, but no information on the benefits gained through levels.
Sources - Having some trouble adding youtube links, broken URLs below will have to do for now, remove spaces to get proper links.
- www. youtube .com/watch?v=X8RFjOfnQOw
- www. youtube .com/watch?v=GmMosNHhyxI
- www. youtu .be/Ypd__9cfTFs
Last Edited By: Grube Apr 8 15 5:53 PM. Edited 61 times